[Christ's Mandate For Missions] Will The Real Nehemiahs Stand Up? by Roert Coello and Take A Look At The CMM Mall

 Christ's Mandate For Missions
Subscribe    Unsubscribe    Change E-mail    View Archive

Will The Real Nehemiahs Stand Up? by Roert Coello and Take A Look At The CMM Mall
Robert Coello and notes from the CMM Missions Desk
Aug 24, 2006





















CMMissions


Cuba, Bolivia, Dom. Rep., Ghana, Guatemala, India, Israel, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Spain, Thailand & wheresoever He leads.


Subscribe    Unsubscribe   



WEBSITE Travel Arrangements

CMM UPDATES/ARTICLES










CMM is strategically positioned and called to bring transformation to the individual, community, and nation.We offer individuals, churches, and groups the opportunity to expand their world view, unveil their destiny with greater clarity and impact nations with the love of God.You can help with humanitarian aid, spiritual aid, training, education, medical empowerment, etc. Come, join us, or send someone ready and willing to go where needed. 


CMM has proven, trusted workers/pastors/community leaders in place and others ready to travel to foreign nations for dealing with the rapid changes of this age. Come, join us and help us make a difference, one on one, face to face!






Greetings Friend of God, 

Many have been praying for the designs and strategies of the enemy to be exposed. From Scotland Yard, to the Mossad in Israel, the FBI and CIA, some amazing police and detective work has been occurring. Continue to pray for protection over your family, your nation, your soldiers, and authorities assigned to protect and to serve.


Praise God, He has provided the funds to pay off the land in Tactic, Guatemala!  We thank Him for His mercy.


Thank you for praying for the children of the Parrotts and other leaders of CMM. CMM had recent pastor visits from Cuba, Mexico, and in early September John Ebenezer will be arriving from India. The Lord is really using Jorge and the CMM team to minister, disciple, and fellowship with many pastors, missionaries, leaders, and prayer warriors in many lands.  We thank God for the opportunity and privilege to be used around the world. The CMM leadership team takes seriously the responsibility of mentoring and leading many. They recognize the only way effective leadership and modeling Christ's character, behavior and integrity is to humbly invest hours each day in prayer and supplication before the Lord and study in the Living Word.


Contact the office for scheduling a CMM speaker in your church. The CMM volunteer staff so need and appreciate your prayers. Pray for a good job for Jonathan Parrott in California. If you would like to receive the mailed postal newsletters from CMM contact the office at 704-225-3927 or email officecmm@gmail.com 


Teams are forming for India in November, Philippines in November, Cuba in January, Guatemala in January, Philippines and India in January and February, Israel in late February. Pray for friends of CMM Danny and Lindy Bravo heading to Malawi and Mozambique in September.  Contact CMM for assistance, logistics, or places to go for your church or group.  Experience more of God on a great adventure in God, in missions. See your destiny more clearly as you surrender and serve.


Help us by passing this around to your friends and family.


Pray for the fall schedules for speaking engagements for Jorge Parrott, Peter Wyns, Charles Kindle and others.


We are thankful to the Lord for bringing new CMM revivalists/missionaries into the family of CMM.  Each member of the CMM team walks by faith to raise their own support. These passionate men and women of God share a desire to be used by God to bring many new souls into the Kingdom of God and bring unity and maturity to the Body of Christ.  CMM connects destinies around the world.


Pray for construction needed at the CMM Bible School Laoag City, Philippines to be paid for soon, so construction can begin.  A pastor in the Philippines can be supported for $35.00 per month full time. A church can be built for $6,000-$7,000.


Pray for the funds to pay off Arnoldo's church in Coban, Guatemala.($5,000)


Pray for the upcoming board meeting of CMM, for unity, for strategies from God.   


Visit the CMM Mall and almost 1,000 stores to save you gas, keep you cool, and help us fulfill the Great Commission.


CMM MALL WITH 1,000 STORES


We would like to introduce Inner Fire Ministries headed by Robert and Amy Coello, who also head up the International House of Prayer in Tecucigalpa, Honduras.  To read just a sample of the kind of work these committed, sold out, servants of God, are involved in, read this article from a few months back:


(info and photos will be added to the CMM site soon)


Evangelism With Armed Guards And The First Lady Of Honduras


Please join us in praying for Honduras for Jesus. Robert and Amy invite teams to come visit them and help be a part of what God is doing there.  If you are led to join in their support financially, write in the memo line of your check HONDURAS and mail your check to CMM PO 7705 Charlotte, NC 28241.  


"Will The Real Nehemiahs Please Stand Up!"


By Robert Coello


 


So there you are, again, sitting there soaking up the message and the guest speaker announces one more time "go ye". Your heart is racing and if that’s not enough he then walks right over to you and says the proverbial line "I believe the Lord has a word for you"? Only now you are holding your hand over your chest so that when your heart explodes at least you might be able to just slam it back in without anyone noticing?


 


This type of experience is not really new for you. You’ve known of your calling for sometime now and you just hoped that God would stop confirming it. "Hmm, maybe I need to stay away from these prophetic people"? But then all the sudden it clicks, the lights come on, the curtain opens, the measure of faith that you’d been hiding from suddenly has a hold of you. Faith meets destiny and it all makes sense now. The countless words, the visions and dreams, grandma’s prayers, that warm and fuzzy you get every time you hear about the work being accomplished by your missionary friends. Bada-bing, It just all makes sense and you throw up the white flag and remember the song written by Isaiah, "Send me Lord I will go for you". That’s it. It’s settled. You answered the call, you signed the dotted line, you counted the cost and all that is left to do is get your BDU’s and field gear, a couple of fish stickers for your backpack, a rubber WWJD bracelet and pull out your old Lord’s Gym tee shirt! Oops, I almost left out the Sony Walkman.


 


"So, where’s the bathroom?" "Are you kidding me?" "You mean to tell me I am supposed to go in there?" "Are we gonna be heading back in tomorrow?" " What!" "The bridge we crossed this morning?" "Collapsed?" "‘It seemed to be fine?" "Is there anyplace around here where I can get a decent signal for my cell phone?" "The plane, what about the plane?" "God please help me, I don’t know if I can go another day?" "Lord was that really you speaking through brother Paul?" "It sounded like you Lord but right now I just don’t feel like that was really you?" "If that was really you Lord when I get up tomorrow morning there will be running water here, or better yet the bridge will be completely repaired and I will feel better". "Amen".


 


"Bad news got you down?" "Have the dream-stealers been ringing your doorbell?" "Everything seem like it’s falling apart?" "Didn’t include those little "serendipities", when you counted the cost?" "Well, no need to fear Nehemiah is here!" "Nehemiah?" "What’s he got to do with the price of platanos at the market?"


Lets take a look at His life and see if we might-could (word I learnt in Alabama) find a morsel of encouragement.


As I awoke the other morning at my notso-usual time of 3:30 am, after taking my two year old to the potty I just laid there trying to climb back into the Lamborghini I was driving. She, however immediately plunged right back into dreamland as I lay there, eyes wide shut. I started sensing that the Lord wanted me to get up and pray. So I began asking myself, "sleep or pray", "sleep or hang out with God"," sleep or get some fresh revelation", "sleep or have a wonderful time of intimacy with the Lord"? Unlike you it takes effort on my part but finally I gave in, rolled over and went upstairs and put a fresh pot of Joe on. I kept hearing "Nehemiah 6"…


Now I was starting to feel pretty good and the aroma of dark roast was sneaking into the old-factory.


I began to read and just paused or Selah’d, for you veterans. The flash drive was in and I began downloading some pretty cool stuff about the Tobias and Sanballats that exist and have been like pesky gnats in the past. I was diggin on the cool stuff the Lord was showing me.


After I read Ch. 6 the Lord prompted me to begin at Ch.1 to get the Paul Harvey or the rest of the story, which interestingly enough was how I like reading magazines, from back to front.


I have read the story of Nehemiah a few times in the past. This morning however, there in the dark after reading Ch. 6, I decided to take advantage of today’s technology. I reached over to my laptop; scrolled over the Bible mp3 icon, input chapter and verse and wala, the pleasant Lorne Greene, Burl Ives type of soothing voice began to permeate through the audio speakers. I leaned back and with the pleasant sounds of the early morning hours in the backdrop, I uploaded the next five chapters.


Rather than give you a full exegesis on the book of Nehemiah I will share with you some insight I received with the hope of bringing encouragement and strength to your inner man.


Okay, here we go. First let’s mention a few things about Nehemiah:


 Nehemiah means: "The Lord Comforts"


Occupation: Cupbearer to King Artaxerexes I, and leader of the


Israelites at Jerusalem.


Best known for: being a man of religious devotion to prayer


His ability to motivate others


Leading the rebuilding of the wall around Jerusalem


(took only 52 days)


When Nehemiah received the awful news of what had taken place in Jerusalem he immediately flew off the handle! He began swearing and throwing a fit! He blamed everyone around him! He wanted justice right away, and he would do whatever it took to get even!


Okay, so maybe that is a different character I am describing. Nehemiah actually did quite the opposite.


The word of God tells us how Nehemiah responded and in my opinion reveals another one of God’s wonderful schematics that if closely modeled, will indeed lead us to victory!


4 When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven.


Verse 4


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


5


Then I said, "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands,

Verse 5


He states that he mourned, fasted and prayed for days. So, was that just a warm up to get to "the prayer"?


Whether he mentioned this prayer during his time of weeping and mourning is unknown? What is known is that the rest of Nehemiah’s prayers did not get published. Nehemiah knew that the God he served was a God of covenant


______________________________________________________________________________________


6


Verse 6


Have indeed sinned against the Lord but Nehemiah does not stop there. He makes sure to include himself and his family in their sin against God. ______________________________________________________________________________________


7


We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, laws, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses.

Verse 7______________________________________________________________________________________


8


"Please remember what you told your servant Moses: `If you sin, I will scatter you among the nations.

9


But if you return to me and obey my commands, even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for my name to be honored.'

Verse 8 &9


______________________________________________________________________________________


10


"We are your servants, the people you rescued by your great power and might.

11


 As I threw my net in for a closer inspection of these verses I desired greatly to extract some life application within the context. I definitely came back with a net full! Before I package this all up I strongly encourage you to get your reading clothes on, kick your shoes off, grab your bible and read the entire 13 chapters of the book of Nehemiah. What I would like to mention here also is what led me to the title of this article. Remember earlier that I said I sensed the Lord prompting me to begin reading in Chapter 6?


 It was right is there in chapter 6 that I discovered the title. "Will the real Nehemiahs please stand up!" It is evident that Nehemiah is an incredible example of a man of God. He lives in my personal " great men of the bible hall of fame", right beside Joshua, David, Gideon, Daniel and I’m betting that you have your heroes that you could add to the list. Nehemiah was a man who stood up and got nose to nose with adversity. No retreat, no surrender! He ripped the reverse gear out of the donkey, buried it really, really deep and decided he would not compromise. Nehemiah had a mission to complete and he had not forgotten what he did in chapter one when he received the news of what had occurred in Jerusalem. He did not forget the many days that he wept and mourned and cried out to his Father. He did not forget the fact that God so faithfully responded to his supplication. And most importantly he knew that God had not brought him to that place to embarrass him or discredit him in any way. In fact, Nehemiah continued to repeat the same steps with respect to affirming his pact by praying and worshiping His God. Nehemiah was not the negotiating type when it came to throwing in the towel and he was not going to allow the Sanballat’s and Tobiah’s to crash the party.


 


I need to veer left here for a moment and take you down a rabbit hole. In the midst of writing this article I received a very disturbing email. There always seem to be those "concerned friends, relatives and church members" who want for you to stop what you are doing and come down from the wall. They usually have something very important for you to look at or they just simply want to "warn" you about some important revelation that will affect your/God’s work. They are not always as ugly as Sanballat and Tobiah, but nevertheless their M.O. is identical. I immediately went to "vent" to my wife and she said to me, "don’t you see honey", "don’t you see what’s happening; it is exactly what you are studying? "It’s just a test to see if you will come down from the wall"? "Please tell me that you have not responded to that email?" She said a few more things but what rang loud in my eardrum was the word "Nehemiah".


 


Immediately it all clicked! I remembered right away in my notes that I used earlier in the week to teach where I highlighted the phrase "we need to know who the Sanballats and Tobiahs are around us". In hindsight it didn’t make sense to me when I received this revelation, but then all the sudden there I was, having to practice the very thing I was writing about. Somehow I get a warm and fuzzy that it will not be the last time I am asked to come down from the wall? Have you come down from your wall, lately?


 


So, "Will the real Nehemiahs please stand up?" Where are these men?" " Who are they?" " What do they look like?" "Are there any left in our society today?" "Might you be one of them?" "How does one become a man like Nehemiah?"


 


I believe that now more than ever we are living in a time that we cannot afford to stop the work we are doing and be negatively influenced by the Sanballats and Tobiahs in our midst. Jesus left for us the perfect example about not compromising. Just read His word how he dealt with the Pharisees, Sad-You-Sees, the Couldn’t-Sees and the Wouldn’t-Sees! Jesus was single minded and remained focused on carrying out His Fathers business.


The common denominator that I find in the great leaders of the Bible is that out of all of the wonderful characteristics of Jesus, they all possessed one in particular. I said it earlier and I will say it again,


NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!


 


I’ve longed for many, many years to walk in the footsteps of Jesus. I have been desperately seeking and following hard after the Lord allowing Him to mold me and create of me a man that will not compromise. A man that will not negotiate with the enemy. A man that will embarrass sin before it embarrasses me. A loving Husband, Father and friend to my family. A true leader that will lead others into His loving arms. A man who walks in humility, wisdom and knowledge and discernment. A man who will stay on the wall and complete the work that was given to me with such loving grace.


 


I bet that you and I are not much different. I bet you desire these very same things.


I bet that you have come a very long way in your Godly character. I bet that if you look back just a few years at the man you used to be, your heart would begin to overflow with gratitude as you look at the man you are today. Just imagine how much more you will be transformed in this next year alone!


 


I encourage you today to stay on the wall, don’t fear. Look to your left and right and see that we are all on the wall together. We are just in different locations and using different tools. Keep hammering away and when the Sanballats and Tobiahs come a knocking don’t retreat and don’t surrender. Let’s together stand up and be the Nehemiahs today.


 ___________________________________________________________________________________


 

























































August, 2006

Hi Christ's Mandate For Missions Supporter,

Thank you so much for doing your shopping through our Christ's Mandate For Missions Shopping Mall.You can be sure that every purchase you make helps in our mission to help make the world a better place.

We know most people want to make a difference with their lives - they're just not sure how to do it. Here are two ways how you can impact your community and the world.



  1. Give anonymous, surprise gifts to co-workers or friends – with a note telling them they matter. It doesn't have to be much. A candy bar; one cookie; a flower; something you have lying around your house. Every time, it will be the fun of knowing someone cares that will make their life better.



  2. Take your lunch break to clean up trash. Enlist the help of other employees to do the same.



It's the little things we do every day that make a difference. One of those little things is shopping on our Christ's Mandate For Missions Mall. Several of the featured stores have "back to school" specials. And with a new school year approaching isn't it great to know that your school purchases will help change the world?

With nearly 1,000 stores, you will be able to find your favorite store. Don't see it? No problem. Use the link below the store banners to find it.


Let's Celebrate!

Need an excuse to celebrate (or go shopping)? How about: Business Women's Day (22nd), Dear Diary Day (22nd), Native American Day (22nd), Tooth Fairy Day (22nd), Hug Your Sweetheart Day (23rd), Checkers Day (23rd), Waffle Day 24th), Rabbit Day (24th), Healthy Lifestyle Day (25th), Banana Split Day (25th), Women's Equality Day (26th), Dog Day (26th), Just Because Day (27th), Compassion Day (27th), or National Good Neighbor Day (28th)




Have a wonderful week and don't forget to "Shop To Change the World"!

Aces High WWII Interactive Game

null

$10.50 will go to:
Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • 2 Weeks Fr~ee

  • Monthly Subscription just $14.95

  • 24 Hour Action!


  • Auditionsshoes.com



    10.50% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • Sizes 4-14

  • Over 50% on Sa1es

  • Back to School Time


  • CollegiateMall.com

    Futons, Furniture and Much More at CollegiateMall

    7.00% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • Beanbag Collection

  • Laptop Station just $99.99!

  • Video Rockers - $93.99!


  • Blair.com

    Shop Blair.com

    6.65% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions




  • Men's 50% Summer Sa1e!

  • 7-day Clearance Count-Down!

  • Beautiful Americana Line



  • essentialapparel.com

    essentialapparel.com - underwear, lingerie, socks

    6.30% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • Men, Women and Kid Apparel!

  • Soaps and Moisturizers

  • All lines of clothing!



  • Kingston Connection



    4.90% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • 25% off Notebook Memory

  • Portable Entertainment

  • Live Sa1es Support!



  • AllergyBuyersClub.com



    4.90% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • Fr~ee Membership

  • Limited Summer Sa1es

  • 65% Savings with Prescription Card!


  • American Blinds, Wallpaper & More/decoratetoday.com
    100% Satisfaction Guarantee

    3.85% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • Fr~ee Ground Shipping

  • No Sa1es Tax!

  • Wood Blinds starting at $23.33!


  • Alpha Omega Publications
    null

    7.00% will go to:
    Christ's Mandate For Missions



  • 2006-07 Homeschool Curriculum

  • Life Pac - 5 Core Subjects

  • Horizons - Fundamental Math/Language



  • Additional stores coded for Christ's Mandate For Missions.

    Target - 4.90% 00Inkjets.com - 25.20% Kayak.com - 35.00%
    Lands' End - 3.50% Overstock.com - $70.00 Kohl's - 2.80%
    Alibris - 5.25% Office Max 2.80% Pet Food Direct 5.60%

    EVERY Day can be Shop for Christ's Mandate For Missions Day!

    Use this link to access all 1,000 + merchants uniquely coded for
    Christ's Mandate For Missions


     ebm



     



     


     


     


    I


     


     


     


     



     


    Verse 10 &11 Nehemiah in closing declares his and God’s people’s lowliness and God’s supreme greatness And agrees with who God says he is which is my definition of true worship. Finally, I imagine Nehemiah lying prostrate resting assured that God knows him and those who "delight" in Him and asks the Father for favor and blessing. O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success now as I go to ask the king for a great favor. Put it into his heart to be kind to me." In those days I was the king's cupbearer. God’s servant continues walking into the throne room and looks the Father right in the eyes and asks that He please remember his pact with the patriarch Moses. Again embracing the position of his God being a God of covenant. Nehemiah then goes on to be very specific in how they have all sinned demonstrating not only his humility and wisdom but also his knowledge of God’s word and His commands to His people. In this verse He implores God to not only hear his cry but to also look down from His throne and see His servant interceding for God’s people. He then bows a little lower and confesses that the people listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned! I found the beginning of this verse very interesting. Nehemiah begins by saying "Then I said". tells me that Nehemiah was a man of humility. His actions demonstrate that he had a true heart connect with God. He was a man who understood God’s operating system. It is evident that he was also a man who knew about "schematics", obviously studied them and decided to follow in the footsteps of a few men who came before him. (hint-hint) He knew that through his humility he would be able to "boldly" enter the presence of God and that He would incline His ear to him. Oh, lets not leave out the fact that "he prayed a bit".



    Visit My InJesus to manage your subscriptions, change your profile, or check out thousands of other great ministry groups.

    If you do not have access to the web, you can use these addresses to unsubscribe or subscribe:
    Unsubscribe: cmmissions-unsubscribe@MyInJesus.com
    Subscribe: cmmissions-subscribe@MyInJesus.com

    To view this message in its entirety on the web, click here. For a printable version of this message, click here
    About inJesus  -  Start Your Own Group  -  inJesus Health Benefits

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Chuck Pierce Shares A Powerful Word from Penny Jackson

    Word for 2024-Focused On The Master Weaving This Beautiful Tapestry by Jorge Parrott

    How An Orthodox Priest and a Rabbi saved 50,000 Jews in Bulgaria!